Your questions answered.

Here are below a list of Questions / Answers regarding Les Roches.
Feel free to contact us if you need more information.

As a Food and Beverage and Practical Training Manager I can reassure you that we take different dietary requirements no matter the reason (medical, religious, etc) very seriously and we do all we can to support students not only as a guest when eating at any of our restaurants, but also as student when doing practical duty.

I usually meet all the students who have special dietary requests at the beginning of the semester and we build up together a diet that I then communicate to all my practical faculty to ensure it is respected across campus.

The same goes with any other limitations when producing and serving any type of food and beverage (pork, alcohol, gluten-free, allergies, food for vegetarians, Jainists etc.)

To be admitted to the Les Roches BBA 1 level, you need to have studied at least 3 A-levels and passed at least 2 out of the three. Of course passing all three would be even better.

We do not have specific requirement of how many of your AS-levels that you need to pass so you are free to drop whichever of the AS subjects you are studying, to secure the success of A-level subjects.

If you have a Mac and are going to do BBA1 or PGD, you will need to have windows installed on your Mac for a school program that only runs on Windows.

Well it’s nothing to do with hospitals, for a start.

But it’s a good question, because ‘hospitality’ is a very loose term. The term hospitality comes from the ancient Greek word ‘Xenia’, a concept that evokes the generosity and courtesy shown to those who are far from home. So, it embraces any job that serves to welcome people in some shape or form.

It includes a really wide range of sectors that we readily associate with this concept: fine dining, beverage, culinary arts, hotels, tourism, travel, spa… But it also includes a really wide range of jobs within other sectors. Any job that requires exceptional customer service skills in any sector. So a lot of our graduates end up in the customer-facing roles within the financial sector, private estate management, luxury retail, IT.

Reply for the Swiss Campus:

If you are from the EU / EFTA, you can work 15 hours a week for the period of time covered by your student permit, without any extra permit or notification. You also need to show regular progress in your studies.

If you are not from the EU / EFTA, it’s the same thing, BUT only after you’ve lived here for 6 months.

You can find more information on the following link:

In fact, some students work on an ad-hoc weekend basis, at events in Crans Montana.

So, yes, you can work.  BUT, we advise against it, since the program is already quite heavy, especially during the first semesters of the bachelor and the postgraduate degrees when you’ll also be doing practical training.