Therese Fredriksson

6 Aug 2013 | by


Hello Everyone,

I wasn’t born an exceptional student, I wasn’t born a student at one of the most prestigious hospitality schools in the world, I wasn’t born a successful hotelier and businesswoman, these are all dreams, dreams that I attempt to fulfill.

My name is Therese Fredriksson and at this point I might say that I am halfway down my path of dreams. I was born and raised in Malmoe, Sweden by two hardworking parents that have done everything in their power to support me through my education and field of work. Malmoe is a city influenced by many cultures and since I was a young child, exploring and experiencing the world has been a great interest of mine and today I am lucky to say that I have friends from all around the world.

Before I started my Les Roches journey I worked for 2,5 years within food and beverage management in Copenhagen Airport in Denmark and it is thanks to my previous manager that I discovered Les Roches.

I joined the Les Roches family in July 2009 in Switzerland. An experience that has shaped me as a person and made me the hotelier I am today. It was an eye-opening period of my life both towards other cultures and of course the world of hospitality. Les Roches has played a very important part of my life and I am so proud to be representing Les Roches around the world. And all of us know that it is not just a school, it is a way of life…

For my first internship I moved to Barcelona, Spain to be part of the Guest Service Call center Team in Ritz-Carlton’s property; Hotel Arts. It was a great first hotel experience where I didn’t just develop my language skills but also learned how a hotel operates and valuable communication skills. During my 6 months in Barcelona I completely fell in love with the city, the people are amazing, nightlife exploding and don’t even get me started on the shopping.

My Second internship took me all the way to the Middle East and the Ritz-Carlton, Doha in Qatar. I arrived with no expectations or even imaginings of how life would be in Qatar but I got completely blown away. The culture is magical and here you can really see how the traditional country meets the modern world. Only 10% of the population is actually Qatari and the other 90% represents people from all around the world. It is a culture mecca with all the beauty of the world presented in one tiny country. The Ritz-Carlton, Doha gave me great support during my 6 months in their Front Desk Team and I consider this the place where I grew the most in my position. I quickly earned more and more responsibilities and left Doha as one of their 5 star Trainees and with an offer to come back as an employee whenever my studies were finished.

Summer batch 2011 will always stay as a found memory in my mind. This was the time when I graduated HOIII from Les Roches International School of Hotel Management in Switzerland. This was the semester when the Integrated Project created a cruise environment amongst the Management students, the Sports Bar and the new A la Carte restaurant opened and my class ruled the graduation. 😉
December 9th 2011, I graduated Les Roches as the best performing, academic and practical, student and I was so proud to present my year as the graduation student speaker.

Today I am living in Aspen, Colorado in the United States of America. Since the 1st of February 2012, I am the Front Desk Supervisor at The St. Regis and I am amazed about the people in this town. I have never felt more comfortable arriving to a new city and country than here. Everyone is so helpful and welcoming and it has been an amazing experience so far. I am growing with my new position every day and I can’t wait for the rest of my American dream.




Comments are closed.